You might not have heard about this unusual recipe, but it does exist! People worldwide enjoy eating cauliflower cooked with rice which seems very odd when one hears about it. This different and unique recipe claims to have other health-related benefits, which might be the reason for its popularity amongst people. This recipe is very light and easy on the stomach as the weather changes and winter approaches. You can enjoy it anytime you like, and it won’t make you feel heavy as it has a very traditional aroma and flavor that makes you feel connected with your land due to the presence of vegetables. In the following article, we get to know about How to make cauliflower rice? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Benefits of cauliflower rice:
It is astonishing to hear that cauliflower rice has lowered cancer risk in many people. This is because cauliflower rice is rich in vitamins A and C, which are also powerful antioxidants. It is to be mentioned here that it helps to remove excess cholesterol from the human body because of the fiber content. As we have previously mentioned, this meal has antioxidants in it. Vitamin C also helps strengthen an individual’s immune system, thereby keeping the body healthy.
One of the most acknowledged benefits of this recipe is that it aids in losing weight. Cauliflower is mostly composed of water, which helps break down heavy fat molecules. It is to be noted that this dish only contains 25 calories which are, I guess, ideal for a meal to have in it.
How to cook cauliflower rice?
It is very easy to cook this recipe, and you can become a pro if you learn the basics of how to cook it.
- You will first have to remove the leaves from the cauliflower
- Then you will have to cut down the florets of the vegetable. They look absolutely beautiful when cut down in pieces. You can cut them along with the stem part as it is also tasty when cooked.
- Then transfer the florets in the food processor and give it a gentle pulse. You can do this in batches as it is difficult to grind all the florets in a single mix.
- When chopped thoroughly, remove all the excess water from the mixture by straining it using a piece of cloth. If any moisture is left, the cauliflower rice will be squishy and soggy.
- When done, heat some oil in the pan and toss it in the pan.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Serve it with salsa or iceberg salad.
Also read: how to caramelize onions.