Possessing a Discord server is very beneficial in different ways. However, if there is a need to delete a Discord server, the user must follow some simple steps. Before deleting the Discord server, it is important to make sure that there is an immense need to delete it. Usually, people tend to delete the server, which is inactive and useless. In addition, a user can also opt to delete the discord server when too many extra and weird visitors are visiting.
Deleting a Discord server by desktop
Here are few simple steps to delete a discord server by desktop:
- First of all, it is mandatory to Open Discord in the desktop app. After that, click on the server that a user intends to delete.
- After selecting the server, a list of options will appear under the name of the server.
- Now Click on the “server setting” option, which will be present in the top-down menu.
- Pay attention to the left side. At the end of the sidebar, there will be an option of “delete the server.” Click on this option instantaneously. As a result, a pop-up window will appear immediately, which asks for validation. A user needs to confirm it by entering the name of the server and its appropriate authentication code. The authentication code will be required if a user has enabled the two-factor authentication settings in the server.
- Now click on the delete server to confirm. Subsequently, the server will be deleted successfully.
Deleting servers from the mobile app
Here are some of the simple steps to delete a discord server from the mobile application:
- First of all, a user needs to open the Discord app on an iPhone or Android phone.
- In the next step, just Swipe to the left side of the screen and open the sidebar.
- Please select the server that needs to delete by clicking on it. As a result of a click, A pop-up screen will appear.
- Focus on the bottom of the screen to find an icon of the setting and Click on that icon.
- There will be an option of review. Click on it.
- Now pay attention to the very bottom of the page overview. There is an option of “delete server.” The user needs to click on that option straightaway.
- As an outcome, a pop-up screen will appear and ask for confirmation. By Clicking yes, it will confirm that a user wants to proceed with the process successfully.
- If two-factor authentication settings are enabled, it will be a compulsion to enter the six-digit authentication code or the exact name of the server. Enter the code to confirm the process of removal.
- Consequently, a server has been deleted efficiently by following these unpretentious steps.
Also read: How to cancel disney plus
Transfer of discord server
However, if a person doesn’t want the server anymore, then despite deleting it, he can transfer the ownership of it to another user in the following steps:
- Open your server settings and select “Members” instead of “Delete Server.”
- A list of every server member will appear. Hover over the name to whom ownership will transfer. Three dots on the right will appear, click on them and Choose “Transfer Ownership.”